With 9.1, I haven't had any problem with the Nvidia drivers, but my cards are
all at least a year old, so I can't guarantee what happens with the newest
hardware.  I've been using the proprietary Nvidia drivers for a couple of
years now, with cards from the old TNT to GeForce (depending on which machine
I'm using) and they've been trouble-free.  Proprietary or not, Nvidia seems
to have their act together with Linux support, and the installation has
gotten easier over time (now it's just a .run, unless you are installing
under SuSe, and then you need to jump through some relatively simple steps).
I truly believe that we Linux users should buy our hardware from companies
that go the extra step to fully support our systems, even if the support is
in a proprietary format.

e.