On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 13:28:30 -0200, Josenildo Marques <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When I switched to Opera 7.23 as my web browser, I removed the other HTML
reading programs such as Mozilla, Netscape, Evolution, and
Galeon(spelling?).

Now when I use the Gnome 2.2 menus and try to open the HowTo's in HTML
format (under the Documentation menu), nothing happens.

What did program should I have *not* removed? :) What did I break?

I think that if you go to Config->Gnome->Advanced->Prefered Aplications
and set Opera as your favourite browser you'll solve this.

JM

Hello JM,

Thanks for the tip. I went there and saw that Links is the default browser. Links is installed on my system. I selected Custom Browser and typed in Opera with all possible combinations I could think of, no go.

At this point, I'm ready to go to the file location of the html documentation files and hand load them. Any idea where they are stored? From my Windows background, I'll still learning the file system layout for Mandrake.

Thanks,
The Other.