On Thursday 25 December 2003 20:54, David wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Thursday 25 December 2003 03:07, E. Hines wrote:
> >>First, try creating another user, and see if the default icon
> >>placement is correct after restart.  If so, the below will very
> >>likely work.
> >>
> >>Back up your /~/.kde/share/apps/kab  directory as well as your
> >>~/Mail and then delete the /~/.kde directory
> >
> > If you rename rather than delete it should be possible to copy
> > your notes etc into the new directory
> >
> > Anne
>
> Thanks Anne and 'e' but it woulld appear that do not have a
> /~/.kde/share/apps/kab  directory. Will await the new year and see
> my Guru.

I wonder if Erylon was thinking of ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail - your mail
account details ?  Or maybe  /~/.kde/share/apps/kabc ?   I see that
in my old install directory I have kab but in the new install it is
kabc.  I don't know why, unless it has to do with whether upgrades
were made before I used it.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302