Guy Rouillier wrote:

I brought this subject up before but the conversation veered off, so I thought I would raise it independently. Each time I install a multitude of packages, my menus seem to get reset to some tiny set. For example, the entire Packaging submenu is missing from Configuration. I tried logging out of X and coming back in, then I tried rebooting the computer entirely. Neither action fixed the menus. I had to start up MenuDrake as root, and do nothing other than hit the Save button. Then the menus reappeared.

This doesn't seem to happen when I install a single package, only when I install a bunch at once. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a known issue?

Have you done all the upgrades from Mandrake? I don't have that problem no matter how many packages I install or uninstall.