There is an update that addresses this exact problem.  I can't remember
the exact update right now, but its rpm-something.  You can't miss it.

Josh

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Guy Rouillier
Sent: Friday, December 26, 2003 1:54 AM
To: Mandrake Newbie
Subject: [newbie] 9.2 Installing many packages trashes menu

I brought this subject up before but the conversation veered off, so I
thought I would raise it independently.  Each time I install a multitude

of packages, my menus seem to get reset to some tiny set.  For example,
the entire Packaging submenu is missing from Configuration.  I tried
logging out of X and coming back in, then I tried rebooting the computer

entirely.  Neither action fixed the menus.  I had to start up MenuDrake
as root, and do nothing other than hit the Save button.  Then the menus
reappeared.

This doesn't seem to happen when I install a single package, only when I

install a bunch at once.  Am I doing something wrong, or is this a known

issue?
--
Guy Rouillier