On Mon, 25 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> No this doesn't work either.. Sorry, I forgot to mention that configuring my
> mouse for psaux (the others not working) locks up my keyboard and mouse...

psaux??? Not familiar with that config. Are you using serial or PS/2
mouse? Or are you trying to use a PS/2 mouse with a serial adapter?
AFAIK, serial and PS/2 are the only options you have, and trying to
use PS/2 with an adapter doesn't work well for most people.

Sounds like you've got a serious IRQ conflict somewhere... Are you
trying to use your serial mouse in a comm port that's in use by your
internal modem or anything, by any chance? Do you have a PS/2 mouse
port and have it enabled in BIOS by any chance? IIRC, that MAY share
an IRQ with one of your serial ports... don't recall off hand what
IRQ PS/2 mouse tries to use...
        John