I cannot believe this wasn't my VERY FIRST question!

I fashion myself the alias/macro/shortcut King.

It didn't take long for me to figure out how to write a simple
alias in Linux (Linux% alias xx=exit) or something similar.
I have X.BAT in my C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND subdirectory... just to
let you know just how lazy I really am. X.BAT consists of a
single command, "@EXIT". ;-) I want the same in Linux for its
konsole windows. I haven't figured out how to SAVE the aliases
once I got them entered correctly on the command-line. I am
willing to actually edit a master aliases file (I'm used to
this from my old days on IRC.) but haven't found where this
is on Linux-Mandrake. Any suggestions are welcome.

Also, on another topic, I have a LogiTech First+ (3-button)
mouse. Linux-Mandrake defaults to installing it as an
"Intellimouse". When I manually change this to "Microsoft",
the middle-button acts like a Virtual Desktop/Application
switcher (brings up the "context"? menu). Is there any way
to get the assignments (configurable using KDE Control
Center, or application menu->Settings->Mouse(?) to work?

And lastly, I believe I saw a 'TAB' somewhere that
allowed me to enter a KEYBOARD? "shortcut" like for
WinDoze "shortcuts" on the desktop & Start Menu.
Anyone have specific details on this for KDE?

Take Care