On Sunday 28 December 2003 12:35, Morten Andersen wrote:
> I'm trying to install mandrake 9.2 on my old AMD-K6-2 350 MHz
> machine. But the installation process freezes on "Loading program
> into memory". There are 128 MB Ram on the machine.
>
> Should I just throw out the machine or can I install mandrake on
> it?

I think 9.2 might be a strain on a 350MHz machine, on top of which the
K6 processors were not entirely standard.  I'd check whether the
motherboard can accept a higher cpu and if it can I'd look out for a
used one to fit.  Having said that, I wouldn't necessarily give up
straight away.

I am not running 9.2 (I have 9.1) but I presume that the following
will still apply :-)  Early in the install process you get a chance
to hit F1 for more options.  If you do that you will see a brief
explanation of the options.  Try whatever looks likely, and tell us
what happens.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302