On Sunday 28 December 2003 9:46 am, Morten Andersen droned on:
> At 17:02 28-12-2003, you wrote:
> >try linux acpi=ht mem=120M mem=nopentium noapic
>
> That results in absolutely nothing. Just black screen. It doesn't even
> start loading program into memory.

I had a heck of a time getting Mdk 9.2 onto a Pentium 266 Laptop, as the CDs
were not being read properly. It sounds alot like your problem. I have a Dell
Inspiron 3200, that now functions great, but at 266 speeds.

Try installing using the network.img image, and setting it up to either upload
the files via NFS or FTP. I hope you have a fast connection for either one.

Rob
--

Linux: For the people, by the people.
Linux Counter #183693 http://counter.li.org/