On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 01:28:28 +0100
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Christoph Eckert) wrote:

> Am Montag, 29. Dezember 2003 01:17 schrieb yankl:
>
> > Is it download version of MDK? If so then it does not have
> > Nvidia drivers.
>
> But he told us the KDE jingle is heard.
>
> If the nvidia driver would cause this, wouldn't then KDE be
> not loaded at all?
>

>       Gruß / regards

This sounds like an X server problem. If there is no video right from
the get go (after selected in lilo), then I'm not sure. But if he can
see stuff until it tries to load X, then he might want to check the
settings in /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. There might be a bad monitor setting
or something.

Try booting failsafe, and choosing text mode with network. Then su to
root. Check the /var/log/XFree86.0.log file for any errors and act
accordingly.

John

--
Sun Dec 28 18:43:54 CST 2003