On Wednesday 31 December 2003 12:14 am, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> On Wednesday 31 December 2003 03:05 am, Eric Huff wrote:
>
> -> I should have mentioned the reason, as Dark Lord had before:  none
> -> of the "normal" fields that we see are filled in.  (subject, from,
> -> to, etc)
> ->
> -> eric
>
> and did you guys notice the date/time on the one I forwarded to the list?
>
> 1969... freaky!

Yes, but, if the server can't read the timestamp correctly, it defaults to
January 1, 1970.  This happened to my mail sent to a friend's misconfigured
UNIX box.  The time stamp on all my mails was midnight, January 1, 1970 (unix
rollover time), MINUS the time zone from GMT.  Hence, all my mails were
stamped with an 3:59PM, Wednesday, December 31, 1969.  GMT minus my time zone
- Pacific time is 8 hours BEHIND GMT (or his, we are in the same time zone).
I'm the only one sending e-mail to him from a unix-like system, and mine was
the only one timestamped that way.   I don't know what he did, but he finally
got it fixed on his end.  So, is the time and date GMT minus the time zone
you live in?

I hope you find this little bit of trivia interesting and maybe even helpful.

e.

e.