On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 09:50:29 -0700
Charlie Mahan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I just received one of those too. An infected/owned Hotmail server? I thought
> they were still running BSD servers?
>
> Nope, I guess they decided infection was the better part of valour. <g> They
> seem to have switched to Windows 2000 and I(nstantly)I(nfected)S(erver) 5.0.
>
> http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/?host=www.hotmail.com

This is why I very often thank $DEITY that I have no friends who use Hotmail or
MSN or who I can't cajole into sending plain text only. Since I've banned all
HTML mail (soon to go to /dev/null) I've been spam-free :-) All my contacts are
either Linux geeks or intelligent enough to follow simple instructions...

BTW, anyone know how to set plain text only per contact in MS Outlook? Outhouse
Express has it, but the techs (I use that term loosely...) where my wife works
say it can't be done in Outlook, it has to be done per compose :-\

--
JoeHill ++ ICQ # 280779813
Registered Linux user #282046