On Monday 05 January 2004 09:21 pm, Bill wrote:
> Hello to the group,
> I must start out by saying I am very new to linux,
> However I do have some experience with Knoppix 3.2. I
> have even installed Knoppix on the harddrive. I have
> decided to try Mandrake v9.2 Download edition. I am
> having trouble connecting to the internet. In Knoppix
> I used KPPP, But in Mandrake I cannot even find KPPP
> in the Kmenu. I cannot understand why it is not there?
> Can anyone help I have no idea what to do next?
>
> Thanks & Best Regards
> Bill M.

   No problem Go to mandrake control center also known as configure your
computer in ML 9.2 then to software manager / install software, you will find
KPPP in one of the kde networking packages. install it and you are good to
go.  I think that in the new mandrake control center there is a place to
configure a dialup connection with a mandrake wizzard but I have never used
it so proceed at your own risk if you decide to try it.

    Marc
    KM5KW
--
Composed on a 100% Microsoft