Thanks to Derek and everyone who replied. I will have
some reading up to do. I like Mandrake it has alot of
goodies and it is hard to believe it is free!! This is
the distro I am going to go with. I think I will be
purchasing a copy to support Mandrake. Updating my
system and getting this firewall going is next on my
list.  Thanks to the group!
Best Regards
Bill

--- Derek Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 Jan 2004 3:21 am, Bill wrote:
> > Hello to the group,
> > I must start out by saying I am very new to linux,
> > However I do have some experience with Knoppix
> 3.2. I
> > have even installed Knoppix on the harddrive. I
> have
> > decided to try Mandrake v9.2 Download edition. I
> am
> > having trouble connecting to the internet. In
> Knoppix
> > I used KPPP, But in Mandrake I cannot even find
> KPPP
> > in the Kmenu. I cannot understand why it is not
> there?
> > Can anyone help I have no idea what to do next?
> >
> > Thanks & Best Regards
> > Bill M.
> >
> Be aware there is a known bug in Mandrake9.2 that
> will cause most of your KDE
> menu items to be missing after install.
> Ctl+Alt+F1  will open a console. Log in as root and
> enter
> update-menus -v
> Ctl+Alt+F7 will take you back to X and your menus
> should be OK again.
> If KPPP is still missing then maybe you do not have
> kdenetwork-kppp installed.
>
> Once online you should perform your updates to fix
> the bug with rpm that makes
> the menus vanish and lots of other stuff.
> If you do not have an update source defined this
> location will help you define
> one.
> http://urpmi.org/easyurpmi/index.php
>

> derek