On Sun, 2004-01-11 at 22:46, vikrant joshi wrote:
> Hi ,
> I am an absolute newbie to LInux. I want to install Mandrake9.1 on my windows 98
> machine. How do I go about it ? This may sound a very very basic question . But
> if somebody can give me a step by step approach that will be great.
If you have the cds run scandisk on your C: drive then defrag it (even
if it says it don't need it. then insert disk 1 (install CD ) and
install (Mandrake is very polite it will coexist with windoze.
you might want to open the CD in Explorer the boxed set has install
procedures in HTML ) very easy (after 6 months you will trash the
windoze side cause you won't be using it ;-)
have fun
smitty