On Monday 12 January 2004 11:36 pm, vikrant joshi wrote:
> I have Windows and Linux on same machine . Is there a way I can acces the
> windows files eg word or excel file through Linux. Do we need to install
> any software for that . If yes then where do we get that software from

You need to specify the version.  Office XP files use a proprietary format
that still hasn't been reverse engineered by OS developers, I think.  Any
previous version of Office should be trivial for OpenOffice, KOffice, as well
as a number of other replacements.

--
Bryan Phinney
Software Test Engineer