Bryan Phinney wrote:
On Monday 12 January 2004 11:36 pm, vikrant joshi wrote:

I have Windows and Linux on same machine . Is there a way I can acces the
windows files eg word or excel file through Linux. Do we need to install
any software for that . If yes then where do we get that software from

You need to specify the version. Office XP files use a proprietary format that still hasn't been reverse engineered by OS developers, I think. Any previous version of Office should be trivial for OpenOffice, KOffice, as well as a number of other replacements.

AFAIK, OpenOffice will read Word XP files.

Sir Robin

--
"The Pseudo Politically Correct term that I would use to describe the mind set
of postmodernism is 'epistemologically challenged'." - Chip Morningstar

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533