John Richard Smith wrote:

<snip>

I don't know the answer to your questions, but I would be interested where to obtain all these fonts.

I got the fonts from http://grsites.com/fonts/. On that site a "preview"is displayed of every font. The quantity is impressive!

But are they linux fonts and isn't there somewhere one can get them free ?

Fonts are not operating-sytem-specific (when we talk about "Windows fonts", we just mean "the fonts that come with Windows"). The main distinction is between TrueType Fonts and Type 2 fonts: the former are bitmap fonts, the latter use vectors (and thus scale better - TTF often looks crummy in some point sizes). Linux can use both types, though some applications (e.g. LyX/LaTeX/TeX only uses vector fonts - so you need to go through a complex conversion process to make TTFs available).

Sir Robin

--
"The Pseudo Politically Correct term that I would use to describe the mind set
of postmodernism is 'epistemologically challenged'." - Chip Morningstar

Robin Turner
IDMYO
Bilkent Univeritesi
Ankara 06533