Hi there,

I need help with installing packages. After I installed Mandrake 9.2 I cannot install software. When I open the installation tool, I can select the packages. Yet when I hit the install button the program opens a progress bar. After a while I am prompted to put the CD into dev/hdb. When I put the CD into the drive it does not recognize it, but prompts me again after a while.

I have two cd drives installed. The first one is recognised by the software as CDROM, the second as CDROM_2. I cannot open the first one. After a previous dual boot installation it does not react any longer. So I only used the second one to set up the system.

Has anybody an idea what I could do ?

Thanks in advance for your help. Best,
--Bernhard