Thanks, that explains it - my ssh and desktop tests were on different users. When I created the 'real' users (excluding my userid) on this computer, I put them all in the same group so they could share files. If the name of the group is 'gwacl' and gid is 502, what code should I add/chg so that users in this group will use 664 permissions?

Frank