I restarted my computer and when Gnome finished

===================================
There was an error starting the GNOME Settings Daemon.

Some things, such as themes, sounds, or background
settings may not work correctly.

The Settings Daemon restarted too many times.

GNOME will still try to restart the Settings Daemon
next time you log in.
==================================

I also got a bunch of errors similar to:

==================================
The panel encountered a problem while loading
"OAFIID:GNOME_TasklistApplet"
Details: Unknown CORBA exception id:
'IDL:omg.org/CORBA/INV_OBJREF:1.0'

Do you want to delete the applet from your
configuration?

In addition to not having any applets in my taskbar, I
am not able to run Evolution.  It seems that most
everything else is working though.

Any thoughts on how best to fix this.  Thanks