Thursday 15 January 2004 12:40 pm, Eric Geater 1/14/03 wrote:
> Okay, so I'm a lamer because I use plf.zarb.org to create my command
> lines for getting net updates.  But I do know that I'm supposed to use
> the -updates and -wget switches, so there's a couple of extra points.
> But my problem is that I always get these errors after it looks at the
> ftp site that I point it to:

Which mirror (ftp site)? This may be indicative of a mirror problem. Such as
too many anonymous users logged in, mirror down or dropped hosting for the
Mandrake tree (think stealthnet), or "Other."

BTW the command in your subject line doesn't exist to the best of my
knowledge. What you should have used is:

urpmi.addmedia [updates, main, contrib, plf, and so on] ftp://ftp-source

where ftp-source is the URL to the relevant portion of the Mandrake tree of a
specific mirror.

> retrieve of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed
> no hdlist file found for medium "main"
> examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.main.cz]
> problem reading synthesis file of medium "main"
> unable to update medium "main"

Since the post is asking about urpmi commands, I take it that you're using
super user mode in a terminal.
What sources (as below, "the other one which I apparently forgot.") _do_ you
have configured?
Specifics please, i.e; the commands that you got from Easy URPMI to set up the
software sources.
What command are you running to update those sources? Try:

urpmi.update --wget -acf [Enter]

Then post any error messages.

> Any help in understanding this phenomenon would be great.  It happens
> with contrib, main, and the other one which apparently I forgot.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Eric

Provide the information requested and someone on the list will probably be
able to help you.

Regards;
Charlie
- --
Edmonton,AB,Canada User #244963 at http://counter.li.org
Mandrake Linux release 9.2 (FiveStar) for i586 kernel 2.4.22-26mdk
13:23:28 up 7 days, 19:49, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.01
The Poems, all three hundred of them, may be summed up in one of their
phrases:
"Let our thoughts be correct".
                -- Confucius