Title: can't update urpmi.addupdate with ftp

Okay, so Im a lamer because I use plf.zarb.org to create my command lines for getting net updates.  But I do know that Im supposed to use the updates and wget switches, so theres a couple of extra points.  But my problem is that I always get these errors after it looks at the ftp site that I point it to:

retrieve of source hdlist (or synthesis) failed

no hdlist file found for medium "main"

examining synthesis file [/var/lib/urpmi/synthesis.hdlist.main.cz]

problem reading synthesis file of medium "main"

unable to update medium "main"

Any help in understanding this phenomenon would be great.  It happens with contrib, main, and the other one which apparently I forgot.

Thanks!

Eric