----- Original Message -----
From: Charlie <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:50:34 +1100
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [newbie] CDRW install, need help w/fstab

> On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 12:30 am, many eyes noted that Angus Auld wrote:
> > I wonder if I still don't have it "right"? Things are working,
> > at least so far. Here's my fstab:
> > **************************
> > /dev/hda5 / ext3 defaults 1 1
> > none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
> > /dev/hda7 /home ext3 defaults 1 2
> > /dev/scd0       /mnt/cdrom      auto
> > noauto,nosuid,ro,umask=0,user,nodev        0 0 /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy vfat
> > codepage=850,iocharset=iso8859-1,sync,unhide,noauto,nosuid,umask=0,user,nod
> >ev 0 0 /dev/hda1 /mnt/windows vfat iocharset=iso8859-1,codepage=850,umask=0
> > 0 0 none /proc proc defaults 0 0
> > /dev/hda6 swap swap defaults 0 0
> > ****************************
> > Is this "correct"?
> >
> > Regards.
> >

> > --Angus
>
> If it works, it's right. Rules are only guidelines in Linux.
>
> Charlie
>
>***********************************
Hey Charlie, that's what I'm liking most about Linux. ;-)
That sounds like a real "freedom of choice and expression"
option.....

Rules can be pretty restrictive, and can prevent one from
developing in a manner that is unique, as each is indeed
unique.

That's my philosophical statement for today. ;-)

Best regards to you Charlie....thanks.

--Angus

"Let us not look back in anger or forward in fear, but around
in awareness." -- James Thurber

~Linux Powered by Mandrake 9.1~
~Reg. Linux User #278931~

Check out the latest SMS services @ http://www.operamail.com, which allows you to send