On Wednesday 12 November 2003 07:43 pm, Bryan Phinney wrote:
> In case anyone is using SpamAssassin and wants to increase their use of
> the available DNS Blacklists, I have a configuration file that I can make
> available that includes connections to some of the blacklists that I find
> to be more valuable.  These include SPEWS, SORBS, Easynet, Blackholes.us,
> Spamcop and some others.  Some of these blacklists were removed from
> current version of SpamAssassin because the original locations, like
> OSIRUSOFT went offline due to DDOS attacks by spammers.  I have found
> some new locations for those so that I can continue to benefit from the
> blacklists that were so effective that spammers actually hired virus
> writers to shut them down.

Brian, question on running spamassassin.  There are two files to run spamc
and spamd.  Should they both be running together?  I have spamc set to
start at boot and its running, spamd I find has to be started from a root
terminal.  I figured I'd better do something about this overwhelimg inflow
of spam since earthlink doesn't seem to be.

Thanks
Chris

--
  Regards