On Monday 19 January 2004 16:31, pjscott wrote:
> Please can anyone help me.
> I have just installed 9.2 but i have no sound.

Hi, Philip.  So what made the difference, and got it installed?

> I have tried the
> mixers to no avail, but if i mess with one or two of the sliders i
> can get a loud noise. When a program is running i get a faint hiss
> that goes with the nature of the program.My sound is onboard and is
> fine in windows.

I'll leave that one to someone who is running 9.2

> Secondly I have no internet connection have tried to configure the
> lan but all i get is no ip address and no connection. The
> connection is fine in windows but when I put it on I did have to
> maually set the connection for the lan. But I have no idea how to
> do it within linux...

If you know how to do it in windows you should have no problem in
Mandrake.  Use the wizard in Mandrake Control Center (MCC) to set it
up.  It's much like setting a windows version up.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302