At 12:03 PM 1/19/04, Aron Smith wrote:

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 11:02:11 -0500
Frank Bax <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> At 08:04 AM 1/19/04, Bryan Phinney wrote:
>
> >On Sunday 18 January 2004 07:51 pm, Frank Bax wrote:
> >
> > > No jobs in queue.  "Konica" is a network printer (printing
> > > to it from MDK91& Win98 works fine).  The same error also
> > > happens with a usb printer.
> >
> >Can you give us the exact printer make and model.  I will
> >check out Linuxprinting.org to see if there are specific
> >instructions or issues.
>

> Konica is a printer/copier that uses HP III drivers.  The usb
> printer is Samsung ML1210.
do you have hpoj 0.91 installed
and hpijs 1.5 installed
check out the wiki
I know that it's HP but it supports a lot of other printers too
uninstall your old hpoj first

hpoj appears to be for PSC devices. Perhaps my description of Konica was somewhat lacking - this is a photocopier with an addon board that allows network printing. The printing component emulates a Laserjet III - to Linux, it looks like an HP3 connected to an lpr print server. This is not your typical PSC device.

I can't find hpijs on my cd's. hpoj is not installed - neither is it installed on a working MDK91 system. A list of installed rpm's is found at:
MDK91: http://www.execulink.com/~fbax/MDK92upg/rpmSandy.txt
MDK92: http://www.execulink.com/~fbax/MDK92upg/rpmChris.txt
Compare: http://www.execulink.com/~fbax/MDK92upg/Mandrake_rpm_list.htm

Frank