On Wed, 21 Jan 2004 16:34:24 -0500
"Colin O'Connor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking to buy a few cheap desktop systems to do
> development. I like what Dell has to offer in terms of specs
> and prices.  I have one question to start:
>
> 1) Is there anywhere I can get a comparable system without
> Windows, possibly making it less expensive?

Is there a Fry's near you?
if so they have an 800mhz with a 20 gig hdd for $199.00
it uses somthing called Thiz-linux (trash it install Mandrake)
Wal-Mart also has some very cheap boxes
> Thanks,
> Colin

( In Xanadu did Kubla Khan A stately      )
( pleasure dome decree: Where Alph, the   )
( sacred river, ran Through caverns       )
( measureless to man Down to a sunless    )
( sea. So twice five miles of fertile     )
( ground With walls and towers were       )
( girdled round: And there were gardens   )
( bright with sinuous rills, Where        )
( blossomed many an incense-bearing tree; )
( And here were forest ancient as the     )
( hills, Enfolding sunny spots of         )
( greenery.                               )
( -- S.T. Coleridge, "Kubla Kahn"         )
        o   ^__^
                ||----w |
                ||     ||