On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 23:34, Colin O'Connor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm looking to buy a few cheap desktop systems to do development. I like
> what Dell has to offer in terms of specs and prices.  I have one question to
> start:
>
> 1) Is there anywhere I can get a comparable system without Windows, possibly
> making it less expensive?
>
> Thanks,
> Colin

Hi, Colin

Have you approached Dell and asked them? They did start selling Linux
boxes, but packed in. They may still supply w/o an O.S.

Otherwise you could buy from anywhere, refuse the EULA when it comes on
screen, remove Windows & enforce your legal right (according to the
print in the agreement) to get your money back. See

"Thanks to good records and a Small Claims judge, Steve Oualline got a
$199 refund for his unused copy of Microsoft Windows XP. One Linux
user's story shows how to establish a good refund case." (This was in
California).

Hope this is of interest,

Paul M.