On Sunday, January 25, 2004 12:47 PM,
Derek Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> was rumoured to have said:

> On Sunday 25 Jan 2004 12:26 pm, Lexx wrote:
> snip
>>
>> Something else that may be relevent is during boot in verbose I
>> notice this message:
>>
>> Bringing up interface eth0 - FAILED
>>
>> Is this going to cause me problems?
>>
>> Thanks again
>> Lexx
<snip>
> Alternatively if you do not have a built in Ethernet, then this will
> be the Wireless dongle.
> As my web page points out, by default the atmelwlan driver will try
> to grab the wireless dongle, and will call it ethx, but it will fail
> to configure it correctly, and so fail.
>
> Disabling the atmelwlan driver allows the at76c503 driver to grab the
> dongle, and it will be named wlan0
<snip>

OK, I'm looking at the /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts directory now and
there is not a file called "ifcfg-wlan0". I do have a file called
"if-up-wireless" and a "ifcfg-eth0", although I think that is the hub and
not the dongle.

"if-up-wireless" does not appear to be the same file as "ifcfg-wlan0" on
your instruction sheet.

It contains only the following variables:
MODE
ESSID
NWID
FREQ
CHANNEL
SENS
RATE
KEY
RTS
FRAG
SPYIPS
IWCONFIG
IWPRIV

Followed by a string of "IF" statements for the above variables.

Cheers
Lexx

----
Registered Linux User No.316991