On Saturday 24 Jan 2004 11:40 pm, Lexx wrote:
> >> X86 / 9.2
> >> Trying to install a wireless USB dongle to connect my linux box to
> >> my LAN. (CNet 11Mbps WLAN USB adapter) Linux drivers included.
> >> I have a EtherExpress PRO/100 card installed.
> >>

> >> I get various errors when trying to unpack the folder including this
> >> in text:
> >>
> >> "these files are glibc internal and may not match the currently
> >> running kernel. They should only be included via other system header
> >> files - user space"
> >> programs should not directly include or as well
> >>
> >> To build kernel modules please do the following....."
> >>
> >> Driver readme can be supplied on request.
> >> The readme was written for Linux kernel 2.4.19-16mdk, Mandrake 9
> >
> > And the name of the driver is?
> >
> > derek
>
> CNet 11Mbps WLAN USB adapter Linux Driver
> USB Driver Version 2.1.2.1
> X windows Application (xvnet) version 4.0.0.0
> command line utility (lvnet) version 1.0

OK That is the atmelwlandriver
The good news for you is that it is already installed in your Mandrake 9.2.

The bad news is the lvnet and xvnet utilities you need to set it up is not
installed.
The other bad news is that that driver is a bit of a dog IMO

But the other good news is that there is another driver which is easier to set
up and more reliable.
I have a page on setting it up here
http://www.jennings.homelinux.net/atmel_92.html

If you have trouble getting it working it may be possible that that
manufacturer of your device is not known to the driver. In which case install
the usbview package, and run
KMenu>Configuration>Hardware>Usbview
and let me know the manufacturer and product codes

derek

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net