On Sunday 25 Jan 2004 1:16 pm, Lexx wrote:
> On Sunday, January 25, 2004 12:47 PM,
> Derek Jennings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> thus spoke:
snip

> Yes, I looks like I have (under HardDrake) two USB Root Hubs (HUB A and HUB
> B respectively) and an unknown USB device (which will be the dongle).
> I ran dmesg and got this output (edited)
> Unfortunately my FDD has now decided not to work, so I cannot copy the file
> and paste it here in full.

snip

> hub.c: new USB device 00:07.3-1, assigned address 2
> usb.c: USB device 2 (vend/prod 0x1371/0x13) is not claimed by any active
> driver.

> Many thanks
> Lexx

OK You have a new variant of the CnetUSB611
You have the model 'G' version which requires a newer version of the driver
than came with your Mandrake 9.2.

I'll quickly compile it and send it to you separately.

This driver will be compiled for the latest kernel version
kernel-2.4.22.26mdk which is available from any Mandrake update mirror such as
this one.
ftp://ftp.rediris.es/pub/linux/distributions/mandrake/updates/9.2/RPMS

If you have no networking in Linux you can download it into a FAT32 partition
with Windows, then in Linux just click on the rpm with konqueror and it will
install.
When you reboot you should then be running the new kernel.
( uname -r  in a terminal will confirm your kernel version)

--
www.jennings.homelinux.net