On Sunday 25 January 2004 00:36, Marc Resnick wrote:
> My network, running on a linksys router, really hates my linux box. It uses
> no encryption, and has a DHCP server providing IP info for all of the
> connected boxes. The problem is, every time I boot linux, I have to reset
> the router by unplugging it then plugging it back in, kicking my whole
> family offline. Then I need to do a service network restart on linux, and
> then disable and enable the connection on another windoze box. I've
> downloaded a bunch of DHCP bugfixes and updates on mdk 9.2, and upgraded
> the firmware for my router. Anyone have a way around it? I'm on the verge
> of getting tech support from linksys, and I've had some nasty experiences
> with tech support.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Marc

Wish I could help with your problem, but I never had this problem with my
Linksys router in over 3 years of use.

I'm currently having to use an Actiontech combination DSL modem/router, which
is also not having any problems, but feels way less secure.  Thanks for the
goofy toy, Qwest.

Glenn

--
20:07:18 up 4 days, 3:23, running Mandrake Linux 9.2, kernel 2.4.22-26mdk on
an Intel P4 1.8

Everybody is given the same amount of hormones, at birth, and
if you want to use yours for growing hair, that's fine with me.