Terence Golightly wrote:

On Mon, 2004-01-26 at 12:13, Tom Brinkman wrote:

On Monday 26 January 2004 04:36 am, John Richard Smith wrote:

cd to directory source of iso file
cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=0,0,0 -pad -data -eject -ignsize  <iso
file>

John

That's be OK for data CD's, but *without* -ignsize !! For bootable iso's, remove -pad -data and -ignsize, and add -dao

cdrecord -v speed=8 dev=0,0,0 -eject -dao <iso file>

(from 'man cdrecord) -ignsize
"Ignore the known size of the medium. This options should be used with extreme care, it exists only for debugging purposes don't use it for other reasons. It is not needed to write disks with more than the nominal capacity. This option implies -overburn." Which is always a bad idea and rarely works anyhow.

So that's an uneeded, very bad idea. A simple CL for burning bootable iso's is cdrecord -v -eject speed=?? dev=?,?,? -dao <iso file>

Tom and John,

I like to use a gui myself thats why my original post mentioned
gcombust. So just unchecking the -padding -swab audio and -ignore size
keeping -dao should allow me to burn a bootable cdrom. Does this mean
that I don't have to check eltorrito selection and specify a boot image
and catalog file (whatever that is) on the options tab of gcombust?

Thanks,

Terry

Sorry Terry,
I don't use Gcombust myself, and that is why I chose to give you a cdrecord CL which got around the 650MB limit on cdrcord, of course make sure you have 700MB media.

As far as Gcombust is concerned, it's a question of choosing the eliments of the programme that select to write the contents of your iso image file to disc, as agains writing the iso image itself to disc. if the resulting write is not bootable as it ought to be, then you got it the wrong way around.

John

--
John Richard Smith
[EMAIL PROTECTED]