On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 13:30:03 -0600
Charles Howse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> When I opened it from the root console, it was absolutely without
> content! Nothing but the menus, and a blank window.  Nothing worked,
> won't tune in,

Same here. I had the previous version. It turns out that my .streamtuner
directory (not
present in root) was at least part of the problem, and may be part of
the solution. With the prior version (0.10.1) I could not get anything
other than a segmentation fault if run from a user directory. With the
new version, it spit out an error message about having no handler for
shoutcast in /home/dfox/.streamtuner, and then it segfaulted. Removing
that directory at least lets me run the app as a user, but of course, I
don't have any stations. :(

I also had to urpmi streamtuner-devel because of dependency conflicts.

The documentation is not very helpful. There is a low volume mailing
list, but that may not be all that helpful - I don't know, I haven't
tried it. There's one thing that might be causing the lack of any
stations. Remember the shoutcast issue in my .streamtuner? Well, I found
out that running the program as a user recreated the .streamtuner
directory, without any shoutcast plugin. If I look in
/usr/share/streamtuner/plugins, there's a shoutcast exwcutable. But
doing the next logical thing, copying that to my .streamtuner directory,
has no effect. It still shows no files.

help/about shows no loaded plugins. I think we may be on to something here....