> I have recently installed mandrake 6.1 on my pc and am
> having trouble with my sound card.  It is a Sound
> Blaster Live card and I keep getting a message saying
> card not supported.  How do I get the driver that I
> need to make this work?  Also my screen size seems to

If you are using 6.1, the last info i could gain was that you had to
recompile your kernel without version info (and that does work
incidentally, i use it now). If anyone else has had a way round this
then please let me know.

For further info checkout my pages on http://www.whitem.demon.co.uk
(although i've not updated them for a while now!)

> be off.  I have a lot of black area around the
> xwindows screen esp. on the right side.  Is this
> normal for linux or can I enlarge the screen to fit
> total area of monitor?  Thanks!

Sorry, don't know on this one.

Martin.