Guy Rouillier wrote:

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 00:13:59 -0500
Greg Meyer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Here's what I need. On the first primary partition (C: to Windows),WinNT/2K/XP will always put ntldr and ntdetect.com in the root. The waySystem Commander handles this is to create backup directories for each version, e.g., c:\sc\win2k and c:\sc\winxp. It copies the startup files into these backup directories, and then when you ask to boot a particular version, it copies the set of files in that directory into c:\, then tells the operating system to boot.

Appreciate any options you can think of. I still have System Commander,

I have never used system commander.
I have used windows to boot mandrake.
I cannot remember how it was done,
basically you have to create a new entry
for booting Mandrake in windblows
equivelant of /etc/lilo.conf, but it's
not worth he hastle.

Easiest way is to remove system commander,
slap your Windblows Install CD of whichever
windblows OS you want to use to load for
all the win OS( in your case either NT,or W2K,
or XP) run it to "fix MBR"

Then proceed to install Mandrake and let it put
lilo in the mbr(it does no harm whatsoever)
and use Lilo to boot mandrake, and chain load
onto Windblows for the 3 Win OS's.

that way you don't have to mess about much.
Any time you want to change an OS it's easy.

My MSI motherboard doesn't think mandrake is a virus. But you
say, "MSI motherboard. This MB has a virus checker in the BIOS"
what makes this happen ? That is the question ?
My MSI mobo has both a bios and a boot sector virus checker
and neither interfere with lilo and my mandrake boots.
It's odd that you are having this problem, is there a genuine
virus in there ?

John

--
John Richard Smith