On Sunday 08 February 2004 08:51 pm, Guy Rouillier wrote:

->I plug in a USB mouse and compact flash into the built-in memory card
->reader.  If I don't leave harddrake active, those are not detected.  I
->have done that on other installations though.  Thanks for the idea.

You should be able to setup those up with no need for detection though. I've
got a 64mb USB device that I plug in, it has an icon assigned to it on my KDE
desktop and it works without harddrake being active.

Of course, I've got supermount disabled, and all my removables are like that,
so that might make a difference.

--

                                                                       /\
                                                                 Dark< >Lord