> I have never understood why people think Mandrake is a
> desktop distro, and RedHat is a server distro.
> All the server apps you could possibly want are included,
> mostly with sensible defaults already set up in their
> configuration fiiles. Mandrake also gives you several
> choices. For example both Apache1.3 and Apache2.0 are
> included, as is Samba2 and Samba3. For mail servers
> Mandrake defaults to Postfix which is more secure than
> the Sendmail RedHat defaults to.  (Sendmail is included
> too)
I can't stand red hat. They as a business piss me off, and
their distro isn't great either. As for using Mandrake as a
server; That's fine.

I used Mandrake as one of my MP3 servers. Not like illegal
mp3 server, but where I used it around my house for back
ups and to listen to music.

I can't see why anyone would think any Linux distro other
than Lindows would make a bad server, hell Windows gets
away with being called a server OS.

Free BSD makes a good server too. But I have also known
people who have installed Free BSD, went to sleep, and woke
up to a rooted box.

I have a friend who installed Mandrake as a server and got
rooted too. Point being, it doesn't matter what distro you
use, it matters how you use it.

I use SuSE, Mandrake, and Slackware the most. I like them. I
don't dual boot at all anymore, but this is my Slackware
box. I use other boxes for each.
We Are 138
http://www.suse.com
http://www.slackware.org