PC wrote:

> Installing ALL the updates (available via any one of Mandrake's FTP *mirror*
> sites) will update my system to Mandrake v6.1??
>
> I had read (I cannot recall where, perhaps even on this mailing list,
> perhaps a WWWeb page about Linux/SoundBlaster) that after upgrading to v6.1,
> "sndconfig" installed their SoundBlaster 16 AWE32 just fine.  So I installed
> every update my friend put on my machine, and then "sndconfig" worked! ;-)
>
> So now I am left wondering... just how to I determine what constitutes Linux
> Mandrake v6.1.
>
> Take Care

PC....No, you still have 6.0 but with all of the updates needed to make
it as stable as possible.  You can buy a GPL disc of Mandrake v6.1 from
Linux Mall, Cheapbytes and several other places I don't remember right
now for under $2 plus shipping.  Or you can buy one of the more
expensive commercial packages.  Or you can download (install via ftp or
download a iso image that can be burned onto a CD) the GPL of 6.1.

Alan