On Friday 13 February 2004 10:28 am, Charlie Mahan wrote:

> Sunday 13 October 2002 7:11 pm, John Richard Smith wrote:
> <whack>
>
> > Well if you do screw up don't panic, it's all recoverable ,
> > just don't do anything to mess your windblows OS.
> > If you do have trouble just ask again here on this list.
> > Plenty of people with loads of experience to help you. What I
> > have described is my way, I'm not presumptious enough to say
> > it's the only way, but it's never failed me, and I've used
> > most of them.
> >
> > John

> I still don't know why anyone buys proprietary stuff to do
> something that can be done with free open source tools.
>
> Has anybody ever heard of parted?
>
> http://www.linuxmigration.com/quickref/install/disk.html
>
> Regards;
> Charlie

   Exactly.

  http://www.sysresccd.org/

"Here are the main system tools:

GNU Parted is the best tool for editing your disk partitions under
linux
QtParted is a Partition Magic clone for Linux.
Partimage is a Ghost/Drive-image clone for Linux
File systems tools (e2fsprogs, reiserfsprogs, xfsprogs, jfsutils,
ntfsprogs, dosfstools): they allow you to format, resize, debug
an existing partition of your hard disk
Sfdisk allows you to backup and restore your partition table"
--
      Tom Brinkman                 Corpus Christi, Texas