On Friday 13 February 2004 16:37, lanman wrote:

> Not to be a [EMAIL PROTECTED] disturber ( yeah, Right! ) but the correspondent
> ( Gillean Lacey-Solymar ) giving us this "enlightened" perspective
> on the BBC show has an email address! Go figure! I accidentally put
> it right here - "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"  in case someone wanted
> to contact her. Imagine that! She's a graduate of Oxford! Humph!
> You'd think she'd know how to do her homework by now!

Lanman, I trust you completely, and did no checks, so you'd better be
right, 'cos I used that address.  This is what I said:

<quote>
There has been much talk today on the mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED] about the content of this program.  I did
not see the program myself, as I never watch daytime television.  I
am concerned, however, that if a fraction of the quotes I have read
are correct this program was full of errors and misinformation.

There is a growing army of Linux users around the world, and a growing
movement that can only be called Community, in which people of all
ages and skills, and from all over the world, work together and help
each other sort problems.  The result is a system that is not only
much more secure than anything that can be achieved using *any*
version of Windows, but the satisfaction of having a system that does
what the user wants, not what the software company wants them to do.

If you are truly interested in the subject, I would be pleased to send
you a set of Mandrake Linux disks - free of charge, and entirely
legal, note - so that you can see for yourself just how easy it is to
install Linux on a modern computer.
</quote>

The more people that make the point, the better.  The truth is that
most journalists are entirely ignorant, and go with the flow.  It's
time to make waves.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302