On Saturday 14 February 2004 00:55, lanman wrote:
> HarM; Look over your shoulder Dude! No! The other shoulder! See ? That's
> me lining up behind you for that wireless card! If I find anything,
> I'll let you know, and hopefully, vice-versa ?

Ahah that was you, the hot breath in my neck all the time;)

Yeah, I'm looking...all over e-bay too...they're hard to find. I've only found
one untill now. That's a linksys that uses prism1 chips....runs with the
orrinoco driver. Still got 3 more (older) laptops to go, though admittedly
even finding wired cards for them is getting hard.
On the other hand the Sitecom version 1 cards have prism2 chips and so do the
Belkin version 1 (version 2 and up run atmel chips) but the sitecom is a
cardbus afaik, so that would be slot 2 :(
If you've got PCMCIA slot 2 there's probably a USB slot too, so use
that....the Sitecom wl_012 works fine using the prism2_usb module with a few
workarounds.

I did get a Sweex PCI card to play ball (as well as a cardbus) but not more
than 5.5Mb bitrate. These use rtl18080 ver2 chips.......stay away from them
if you can, only broadcom is worse.

Good luck,
HarM

--