On February 13, 2004 07:23 pm, H.J.Bathoorn wrote:
> On Saturday 14 February 2004 00:55, lanman wrote:
> > HarM; Look over your shoulder Dude! No! The other shoulder! See ?
> > That's me lining up behind you for that wireless card! If I find
> > anything, I'll let you know, and hopefully, vice-versa ?
>
> Ahah that was you, the hot breath in my neck all the time;)

Hey! I wasn't standing THAT close ! LOL!

> Yeah, I'm looking...all over e-bay too...they're hard to find. I've
> only found one untill now. That's a linksys that uses prism1
> chips....runs with the orrinoco driver. Still got 3 more (older)
> laptops to go, though admittedly even finding wired cards for them is
> getting hard.
> On the other hand the Sitecom version 1 cards have prism2 chips and
> so do the Belkin version 1 (version 2 and up run atmel chips) but the
> sitecom is a cardbus afaik, so that would be slot 2 :(
> If you've got PCMCIA slot 2 there's probably a USB slot too, so use
> that....the Sitecom wl_012 works fine using the prism2_usb module
> with a few workarounds.
>
> I did get a Sweex PCI card to play ball (as well as a cardbus) but
> not more than 5.5Mb bitrate. These use rtl18080 ver2 chips.......stay
> away from them if you can, only broadcom is worse.
>
> Good luck,
> HarM

HarM; Have a look at this site;

http://www.gvc.ca

They too have the atmel chip cards in G format. None of the lists I've
seen mention them, so I'm not sure if they'd work or not, but I
sometimes do Linux testing for them, so I'm going to call them for a
demo unit and see what's what. I'll keep you posted because they have a
great deal on a G-rated router and laptop card in a bundle for under
$180.00 Canadian.

Lanman
--
Registered Linux user #190712