On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:29:24 -0500
Walt Frampus <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Walt> I am thinking about buying a compaq at work and following this
      thread would a HP be better then?

I'll let you know in ... oh ... about 18 minutes or so :-)

Thanks to all who offered suggestions and advice.  Here's where things
stand.

I actually /had/ found that Ranish partitioner thingamabob, but it
appeared beyond my scope of (VERY limited) knowledge, so I managed to
get PM from a friend.  Had lots of errors with that until I scanned
the disk for errors and defragged (again), then it FINALLY let me
resize the XP partition and the install is currently taking place.

We'll see how it goes. :-)

--
Chuck Mattsen ... [EMAIL PROTECTED] ... Mahnomen, MN

Random Thought/Quote For This Message:
The universe is very BIG. Believe me.