On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 20:23:22, Christophe Rhein wrote:

>I have a lot of MS Publisher 98 files. Is there a way to use them under Linux
>and if yes with witch sofware?
>If not is there a equivalent linux software ?
>Thank you
>Christophe

You might try wine. Wine usually runs MS software fairly well.
I don't personally know about Publisher, however.

For DTP, I use both LyX (LaTeX/TeX) and Scribus.

LyX is basically a user-friendly front-end (text editor) to LaTeX/TeX.
Although LaTeX/TeX is considered primarily useful for producing
technical and academic documents, the number of packages is fairly
extensive and includes stuff which can be easily used for nontechnical
DTP production.

Scribus is the Linux equivalent of Adobe's Indesign, Pagemaker,
or Quark Xpress. A feature of Scribus that I use a lot is its ability
to produce the interactive PDF forms that one would normally need the
full Adobe Acrobat to produce. The full Adobe Acrobat has not been
ported to the Linux platform, only the Reader has been.

deedee
---
Registered Linux User #327485
Visit "WordStar & GNU/Linux"