On Tuesday 17 February 2004 19:23, Christophe Rhein wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a lot of MS Publisher 98 files. Is there a way to use them
> under Linux and if yes with witch sofware?
> If not is there a equivalent linux software ?
> Thank you
> Christophe

The options are (in order of cost)
Wine - free, but good for a limited number of applications
Win4Lin - not very expensive, and has excellent support, but only runs
windows98 and me versions.
VMWare - very expensive, but runs almost everything.

There is also CrossOverOffice from the Wine team - it's not free, but
I don't know the price.  It is aimed specifically at running MSOffice
and related apps.

I would say that your best bet is to try to contact the support team
for both win4lin and xoverOffice and ask if Publisher runs on their
software.  I think it will almost certainly run on both if it is a 98
version.

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302