On Thursday 19 February 2004 12:35 am, Aron Smith wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-02-18 at 21:28, Erylon Hines wrote:
> > On Wednesday 18 February 2004 10:51 am, Marc Resnick wrote:
> > > It's too late. I was impatient, and my Compaq System restore is
> > > currently running. It's going to be a long day...

> > >---- - ----
> >
> > System restore SUCKS.  Do you have a full "real" MS install disc you can
> > use instead of the Compaq crap?  If not, I wish you the best of luck and
> > hope it's right the first time.
> >
> > I've done some installs on Compaq and I HATE those POS.
>
> IIRC when doing a Total restore watch your keyboard when the numlock key
> flashes hit the capslock key this will force a total restore from
> scratch also do not have  _Any_ periphals installed or the compaq
> restore program will choke (yes it is a POS)

> > Go to http://www.mandrakestore.com

Relax, done this several times before. Yes Erylon I do have an XP setup disc
but the idiots at Compaq didn't give me a serial. Well everything's back to
normal now anyway. Except there's not much stuff on Windows cause I haven't
used it except to resize the NTFS partition and to install Mcafee and AIM. So
that's really all I have.

Oh well, don't plan on using it much anyway. I only really used it to play one
game. Not that I can play many games with a radeon igp 340m...

--Marc