Hi! I recently upgraded to 6.1 by reformatting everything except for
my /home partition and doing a clean install. Once that was done I
went ahead and recreated my users. This always destroys the standard
Mandrake icons on each user account's desktop and in the past I have
used the recreate desktop option which was available for gnome by
right mouse clicking on the desktop. The right mouse button menu has
been dramatically changed in 6.1, mostly for the better, but the
recreate desktop option has been removed. I have found an option to
recreate the KDE desktop under the KDE menu but I can't find an
option to recreate the gnome desktop anywhere.

Does anyone know which script recreates the gnome desktop and where I
might find that script? Thanks.

--
Traci Collins, MA
Professor of Computer Education