John Aldrich wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Oct 1999, you wrote:
> > I find that whenever I choose an option in one of my programs that
> > involves opening a new window that there is a 1/3 probability that
> > instead of opening the window I will suddenly jump from virtual
> > desktop 0 to virtual desktop 4. When I go back to desktop 0 and retry
> > the operation it usually works. There isn't any error message.
> >
> Well, I don't know, but it might help if you told us what
> program it is. :-)
>         John

Actually, any program. It happens from the panel when I select a
launcher to start a program or it happens inside a program like
within Netscape when I want to reply to an e-mail. Any where I make a
choice that launches a window I can get dumped into virtual desktop 4
and if that happens the window will remain unlaunched. It happens
less than half the time but often enough to be irritating.

--
Traci Collins, MA
Professor of Computer Education